Pretty Links is a service that affiliate marketers are likely to have used or heard about.
Pretty Links is an excellent tool for affiliate marketing beginners. It allows you to hide , track and manage all your affiliate links from one place.
Pretty Links, however, lacks the functionality that I believe is necessary to take your blog to the next level.
A core component of your affiliate marketing toolbox should include a link tracking system.
To become a super affiliate you must not only track clicks, but track conversions. This functionality is missing from Pretty Links.
Affiliate marketing is more than just a link.
There are many ways you can add value to your readers. It is not enough to simply place a link in your content that says “Buy Now.” It is unlikely that you will soon be on a tropical island with your cabana, sipping a pina Colada.
Websites should not only have great content. It must also be functional.
You don’t have to type “buy now” every time. Instead, you can use Amazon Associates. This affiliate program allows you to insert product information, pricing and ratings directly into your blog. It can all be done automatically, which is the best thing. Amazon prices can be automatically updated without the need for manual updating.
Alternatives to Pretty Links
|Name||WP Plugin||Amazon Data Support||Conversion tracking||Start Price|
(In case you’re wondering, ThirstyAffiliates has similar functionality and was purchased by Pretty Links.
All WordPress plugins, including Pretty Links, do not have conversion tracking. They can also slow down your website.
Services that don’t use plugins provide conversion tracking and more advanced functionality.
I will break down Pretty Links options into two types to help you choose the best product for your needs.
- Tracker and link to conversion tracking
- Services that help you to better monetize Amazon Affiliate Program
ClickMeter – Best Conversion Tracking
ClickMeter is my favorite link tracking service. It’s not perfect. However, it could use some improvements. ClickMeter remains a reliable, easy-to-use tool. ClickMeter is the best choice if you want to track conversions and integrate your blog with it.
8.0 Out Of 10
|Price||$19 – $3,990 per month|
|Annual Discount||Yes, 2 months of free!|
ClickMeter has been my favorite tool for more than five years. All of my friends in affiliate marketing recommend ClickMeter.
The best affiliate tracking service is undisputed. It can be used on your blog and on your social media pages to provide a link-shortening service.
ClickMeter is a tool that allows you to track all conversion data for affiliate networks and systems that offer trackbacks. To measure performance, you no longer need to visit different affiliate systems. You can also supply a conversion button to merchants who don’t have trackback options. ClickMeter will then send your conversion data.
ClickMeter allows advanced users to pass custom data to their service. ClickMeter also offers an API (application programming interface) that can be used to program your site. This allows me track conversions from paid traffic, so I can identify which track source converts best and which link on the site receives the most conversions.
These features include:
- Detailed reporting — Track clicks, conversions (including bot clicks).
- URL Targeting — Send offers by country, language and device to a different destination
- Split testing — Find out which merchant offers performs best.
- Limited Promotions — Redirect time sensitive offers after a promotion ends.
- Track Custom data — Use UTM parameters to track data fields and improve conversion sources.
- Custom Design — An API that extends ClickMeter functionality and allows integration with other services.
These features will improve your conversions and help you increase your bottom line.
ClickMeter is my favorite affiliate link tracking service. It’s the easiest to use and most comprehensive.
Runner Up – ClickMagick
ClickMagick, an alternative service for link shortening that focuses on affiliate links, is available. There are some things I don’t like about the service, such as: It lacks API and the user interface could be simpler. You will find some unique tracking features that are not available elsewhere. ClickMagick is worth a look to determine if it meets your needs.
7.5 Out Of 10
|Price||$37 – $197 per month|
|Promotion||14-Day No Cost Trial|
ClickMagick comes in close second. It offers similar features as ClickMeter, but also has some newer features that will help you become a powerful affiliate marketer.
Unfortunately, the service is not as simple to use. There are advanced options available that even the most experienced affiliates might not be able to use.
It can be difficult to set up a merchant. ClickMeter is much easier.
ClickMagick has a lot of unique features that you can use, so if this is what you are looking for, ClickMagick will have it!
ClickMagick offers a number of unique features.
- Automated split testing — Find out which merchant offer is better and ClickMagick will automatically choose the winner.
- Cross-device Monitoring — Track clicks on multiple devices that are used by one reader.
- Trackback & Pixels Conversions — Track & Report conversions.
- Geographical Targeting — Show a different destination URL depending on where you are located.
AAWP – Best Amazon Affiliate Plugin
AAWP is the WordPress plugin that you should use if you want to monetize through the Amazon Associates program. You can create Amazon product links and create summary boxes with descriptions, images, pricing, and other information. It is easy to create product comparison pages.
9.0 Out Of 10
|Price||$39 – 299 per annum|
Pretty Links is the best choice for Amazon Associates. Pretty Links is not the best choice for Amazon’s affiliate program. Pretty Links is a link management system.
To fully monetize Amazon Associates, you will need to automatically pull Amazon’s pricing, product and image information. This is why AAWP is my recommendation.
The AAWP plugin is for WordPress. Its strength isn’t tracking. The plugin does not include click tracking or conversion tracking. It also doesn’t provide reporting. AAWP’s strength lies in its ability to pull information directly from Amazon.
AAWP connects to Amazon’s API, and pulls this information automatically.
- Product Title
- Description of the Product
- Image of the Product
The plugin also automatically updates all this information every day. You don’t have to update your pricing every time Amazon raises its price. This is common with Amazon.
These features are also available in AAWP:
- Geotargeting — Target Amazon Associates programs based on the visitor’s geographic location.
- Highlight Amazon Links — Display the Amazon icon on your site to let people know they can purchase the product.
- Product Summary — A nicely formatted callout which displays an Amazon product’s description and pricing automatically. This information is automatically updated, so you don’t have to manually change it.
- Comparison tables — Create comparison tables between products on Amazon and highlight the key features.
- Automated Listings — Create bestseller and new releases lists automatically to ensure that you always have the most recent products on your blog.
- Amazon “Buy Now” Button – Install a clear call to action so that your visitors convert more easily.
These features will increase your Amazon conversion rate. This is especially important given Amazon’s recent changes to its commission structure. All this and less than $50
Runner Up – Lasso
Lasso’s primary function is to create a product summary for Amazon Associates. It will update Amazon’s pricing automatically. Lasso has two unique features. Search for text within your content to quickly add affiliate links to your blog. Another benefit is that you will be notified if any of your links are broken or out-of-stock. Lasso’s main problems are its low price and lackluster features. Personally, I would like to see conversion tracking as well as more support for services other than Amazon.
8.0 Out Of 10
|Platform||Cloud and WordPress|
|Price||$29 per month|
|Annual Discount||Yes, 3 months of free!|
|Promotion||14-day free trial|
Lasso has recently entered the space of affiliate link management. My friend Andrew Fiebert created Lasso. Its most important feature is its integration to Amazon’s API.
Lasso plugin works with all affiliate programs, not just Amazon’s.
Lasso, like AAWP, allows you to create attractive summary boxes that display your Amazon (or other affiliate) product information.
Conversion tracking is unfortunately Lasso’s greatest weakness. This is a major roadblock for me. However, many users won’t mind. Conversion tracking is not an option if you use Amazon.
Although Lasso does not have the same functionality as AAWP’s comparison tables or automated lists, this plugin offers some unique features that aren’t available elsewhere.
These are the features offered by Lasso
- Add Affiliate Links – Find unmonetized keywords and links quickly without having to go into each post.
- Alerts to Broken or Out of Stock Links – Replace obsolete products with those that will keep you making money.
You should get rid of Pretty Links and switch to one of the other options. You can track conversions with ClickMeter and ClickMagick. Use AAWP and Lasso to better monetize your Amazon listings.
It’s possible to use multiple affiliate hyperlinks. ClickMeter is what I use to track non-Amazon affiliate products. AAWP is tracked when I use Amazon Associates.